RRS Ascend 14 Tripod with Integrated Ball Head
Every detail reimagined for today’s serious adventurer. The ultimate integration of precision engineering and superior performance (and fits in your carry-on).
Our patent-pending integrated center-column and head design packs smaller.
INTEGRATED BALL HEAD
Everything you love about our ball heads and panning bases in one versatile head.
With the help of our customers’ invaluable feedback, we have made our most compact and versatile adventure-tripod yet.
The Ascend-14 tripod is a compact, all-in-one support package available in two sizes: 14—which favors a minimum stowed profile, ideal for packing in a carry-on bag, and 14L—which provides an extended working height while still being compact enough when collapsed to easily fit in a backpack.
For an all-in-one package, look to the integrated ball head that nests into the apex. If you already own one of our ball heads, or any other head with a 3/8″ mounting socket, a platform version of the Ascend-14 is offered as well. Instead of the integrated ball head, there is a general use traditional platform with mounting-stud.
Included with the Ascend-14 is our attention to detail, top-quality craftsmanship, and commitment to proudly make and hand-assemble all our tripods in the USA.
- Triangular center column for an overall smaller package
- Integrated 22mm ball head
- Independent panning clamp
- Repositionable drop notch
- Integrated hex key storage
- Spirit levels on the clamp and apex
- A more durable magnetic pulltab mechanism
- 4 angle stop positions
- Lever controlled center column
- Removable and reversible center column
- Quick, tool-less detachable center column
- Indexable column safety stop
- Weight hanging hook
- Weight hanging loop within column (for use in lightweight mode)
- Column safety stop within column (for use in lightweight mode)
- 1/4-20 accessory socket on apex
- Integrated QD socket on apex
- High strength to weight ratio
- Made from CNC-machined 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Mark II improved twist locks
- Leg Material: Carbon Fiber
- Number of Leg Sections: 4
- Load Capacity 1st Position Fully Extended: 30 lb / 13.6 kg
- Load Capacity 2nd Position Fully Extended: 25 lb / 11.3 kg
- Load Capacity 3rd Position Fully Extended: 20 lb / 9.1 kg
- Load Capacity 4th Position Fully Collapsed: 30 lb / 13.6 kg
- 1st Position Maximum Height: 58.2″ / 148 cm
- 1st Position Minimum Height: 15.7″ / 40 cm
- 1st Position 3/4 Segments Extended: 46.4″ / 118 cm
- 2nd Position Maximum Height: 48.6″ / 124 cm
- 2nd Position Minimum Height: 12.7″ / 32 cm
- 3rd Position Maximum Height: 34.5″ / 88 cm
- 3rd Position Minimum Height: 8.3″ / 21 cm
- 4th Position Minimum Height: 3.7″ / 9 cm
- Quick Column Height Addition: 10.1″ / 26 cm
- Folded Length: 17.1″ / 43 cm
- Folded Length (w/ stud): 17.4″ / 44 cm
- Folded Diameter: 3.40″ / 8.6 cm
- Weight: 3.00 lb. / 1360g (2.65 lb. / 1202g lightweight mode, No lower column section)
In the Box
- (1) Ascend-14 PF
- (2) 5/32″ hex keys (required to adjust leg angle tension)
- (1) 3/32″ hex key (required to adjust the tension on the column lock)
- (1) User’s Guide