BH-55 SC Ballhead
A Really Right Stuff ballhead is the best choice for all precision firearms needs, and will give you fast and accurate control and solid support of your firearms and observation equipment. Aiming and horizon leveling can be accomplished as one instinctive motion, and rigid lockup takes just a quick twist of one control. As a result, our ballheads are faster to use and inherently more stable than 3-axis pan-tilt tripod heads. Since the ballhead profile is smaller and lacks the protruding handles, they are also much easier to carry and pack.
The BH-55 SC is the culmination of years of iterative development based on first-hand experience and abundant input from seasoned professionals and enthusiasts. Our goal was to build the perfect general-purpose ballhead. Our premise was that aesthetics needn’t play second fiddle to functionality, that operation should be intuitive and predictable, and that your investment should be rewarded with years of satisfaction.
The BH-55 SC offers up to 45 degrees of tilt in all directions, and up to 90-degrees in the two drop-notches. The largest of the three control knobs independently controls the tension of the main ball joint. The midsize knurled knob features independent control of the panning base, which features laser engraved degree markers every 2.5 degrees. The smallest control knob works in concert with the main lock knob to set a minimum amount of resistance on the ball joint at all times, independent of the main lock knob being fully loosened or not.
The BH-55 SC from SOAR® features our patent-pending SC-LR lever-release style quick-release clamp for optimum speed and security. The three positions of the lever offer fully closed, fully open and half-open positions for adjusting the plate within the clamp. When closed, the clamp offers 50lbs of no-slip grip on our RRS Dovetail plates and the lever hugs the clamp body, keeping it secure against accidental snags. The SC-LR clamp also features laser-engraved reference marks and a bulls-eye level for precise positioning and leveling. New to our line of clamps, the SC-LR features a patent-pending double clamp design that has a tiered jaw style. The top tier is for our RRS 1.5 inch dovetail while the bottom tier works with sections of Picatinny.
Extensive field use has proven the utility of our innovative design. The BH-55 delivers solid performance in all weather and temperature ranges. Its low profile, precision control knobs, rugged housing, and state of the art quick-release clamps make our BH-55 the ballhead of choice for both seasoned professionals and enthusiastic amateurs.
- Patented lever-release clamp for fast & easy mounting
- Patent-Pending double jaw design for RRS 1.5″ Dovetail and Picatinny
- Ergonomic design gives superior handling and unsurpassed reliability
- Lowest height profile in its class
- Large main locking knob incorporates stainless steel ball bearings for a lifetime of silky smooth control
Dual drop-notches allow maximum flexibility for positioning the rifle into any angle
- Micrometer drag tension adjustment is repeatable and absolutely reliable
- Precision panning base is finely laser-engraved at 2.5 degree intervals and features our unique drum & brake design for effortless locking
- High-visibility bulls-eye spirit level embedded in clamp for accurate leveling, even in low light
- Laser-engraved millimeter scale offers precise centering and positioning within the clamp jaw
- All components are of the finest Really Right Stuff quality, machined from solid aircraft aluminum or stainless steel for maximum durability and minimum weight