RRS TFCT-24L Mk2 SOAR® Series 2 Tripod with Anvil-30 Ballhead
Since launching our first carbon fiber tripods in 2009, we have been dedicated to making the world’s finest tripods. With the help of our customers’ invaluable feedback, we continuously make improvements. After years of development, we are excited to present our new Mark 2 tripod line!
Improved ergonomics make operating the tripod more comfortable and seamless. Additional ¼”-20 sockets along the outside of the tripod’s apex allow you to attach optional accessories and shoulder-strap mounts. The Mark 2 tripods are faster to lock/unlock and hold up better to the elements. Redesigned twist-locks prevent grit and debris from contaminating the threads. We added a vent at the top of each leg to allow efficient air transfer when extending or collapsing, for rapid deployment and takedown.
What hasn’t changed is our attention to detail, high-quality craftsmanship and commitment to proudly make and hand-assemble all our tripods in the USA.
The TFCT-24L Mk2 SOAR® Series 2 tripod is our extra-tall Series 2 tripod. Series 2 Tripods are smaller and lighter than our Series 3 pods, and perfectly complement our Anvil-30 ballhead. They offer the benefits of both a compact traveler and a solid support-style tripod, all in one. Series 2 tripods are the perfect choice for mid-sized gear combos. Given its high load capacity, a Versa Series 2 tripod is also a great solution for shooters who need maximum support but want to keep their tripod as portable as possible. Our unique accessories further expand the utility of these tripods. No other tripod in the world offers this versatility.
We value each of these with equal importance. In designing the Really Right Stuff series of tripods, our goal was to create an intuitive, almost second nature usability, allowing you to focus on your passion, not your gear. This tripod will always perform, always hold sure, and always be Really Right.
New twist locks with integrated wipers to keep particles out of the locking mechanism, providing better resistance to the elements
New improved knurling pattern feels better on your skin
New collets replace the old locking gibbs, reducing lock engagement to half the travel to lock and unlock faster with less effort
New O-rings help keep threads clean and smooth while providing better tactile feedback
New vented clevis design allow legs to collapse faster without pressure buildup
New threaded sockets on the sides of the apex provide better placement for accessories like QD attachments or a BC-18
- Patent-pending Taper Lock System secures the ballhead inside the apex making it unable to slip
- Offset Leg Joints: Tripods must occasionally withstand tremendous bending and torsion loads. It is crucial that the leg angle stops and all other structural joints are well supported. Our patented offset leg joints fully support the leg angle stops allowing loads to be transferred straight through the strongest members of the tripod. This also means the tripod is more compact when collapsed.
- Rubber Ball Feet: Large diameter teardrop shape keeps leg sidewalls from touching the ground even at the lowest settings and makes positive contact with the ground at virtually any angle.
- Anodized, Type 3 Black
- High strength to weight ratio
- Made from CNC-machined 6061 T6 Aluminum
- Solid ring apex for strength and reliability
- Ergonomic spring-loaded pull tabs with visual lock/unlock
- Fast, modular and customizable design
- TFCT-24L Mk2 Carbon Fiber Tripod
- Anvil-30 Ballhead (Installed)
- (2) 3/16″ hex keys (required to adjust leg angle tension)
- 9/64″ hex key (required to loosen/tighten Anvil-30 screws)
- Nylon stud-cover nut
- Leg Material: Carbon Fiber