RRS TFCT-33 Mk2SOAR® Series 3 Tripod with Anvil-30 ballhead
Since launching our first carbon fiber tripods in 2009, we have been dedicated to making the world’s finest tripods. With the help of our customers’ invaluable feedback, we continuously make improvements. After years of development, we are excited to present our new Mark 2 tripod line!
Improved ergonomics make operating the tripod more comfortable and seamless. Additional ¼”-20 sockets along the outside of the tripod’s apex allow you to attach optional accessories and shoulder-strap mounts. The Mark 2 tripods are faster to lock/unlock and hold up better to the elements. Redesigned twist-locks prevent grit and debris from contaminating the threads. We added a vent at the top of each leg to allow efficient air transfer when extending or collapsing, for rapid deployment and takedown.
What hasn’t changed is our attention to detail, high-quality craftsmanship and commitment to proudly make and hand-assemble all our tripods in the USA.
The TFCT-33 Mk2 is our tallest height 3 section Series 3 tripod.
Series 3 tripods represent the pinnacle of tripod design and performance. Weighing in at only 4.4 pounds yet capable of supporting 50 pounds, a TFCT-33 Mk2 Series 3 tripod combines the Really Right Stuff ideal of soul-satisfying feel and finish with best-in-class strength and resilience.
All features, materials, fit and finish in a SOAR series tripod meet and exceed the best in the world. We painstakingly machine most components and assemble each tripod by hand. What we don’t produce ourselves is made in the United States down to the smallest screw. SOAR Series 3 tripods are the perfect choice for all full-sized gear combos. They’re built for rock solid support of large caliber precision rifles, but their incredibly light weight also makes them easy to carry and use with all gear.
- New twist locks with integrated wipers to keep particles out of the locking mechanism, providing better resistance to the elements
- New improved knurling pattern feels better on your skin
- New collets replace the old locking gibbs, reducing lock engagement to half the travel to lock and unlock faster with less effort
- New O-rings help keep threads clean and smooth while providing better tactile feedback
- New vented clevis design allow legs to collapse faster without pressure buildup
- New threaded sockets on the sides of the apex provide better placement for accessories like QD attachments or a BC-18
Patent-pending Taper Lock System secures the ballhead inside the apex making it unable to slip
- Offset Leg Joints: Tripods must occasionally withstand tremendous bending and torsion loads. It is crucial that the leg angle stops and all other structural joints are well supported. Our patented offset leg joints fully support the leg angle stops allowing loads to be transferred straight through the strongest members of the tripod. This also means the tripod is more compact when collapsed.
- Rubber Ball Feet: Large diameter teardrop shape keeps leg sidewalls from touching the ground even at the lowest settings and makes positive contact with the ground at virtually any angle.
- Anodized, Type 3 Black
- High strength to weight ratio
- Made from CNC-machined 6061 T6 Aluminum
- Solid ring apex for strength and reliability
- Ergonomic spring-loaded pull tabs with visual lock/unlock
- Fast, modular and customizable design
TFCT-33Mk2 SOAR® Series 3 Carbon Fiber Tripod
- Anvil-30 Ballhead (Installed)
- (2) 3/16″ hex keys (required to adjust leg angle tension)
- 9/64″ hex key (required to loosen/tighten Anvil-30 screws)
- Nylon stud-cover nut
- Leg Material: Carbon Fiber
- Number of Leg Sections: 3
- Load Capacity: 50 lb / 23kg
- Maximum Height: 60.85″ / 154cm
- Minimum Height: TBD
- Folded Length: TBD
- Weight: TBD
(All measurements with Anvil-30 installed)