CNC machined from high-grade 7075-T76 aluminum alloy
Available in either silver or black color options, this bolt shroud is the perfect complement for your lightweight T3 or T3x build. At under 0.469oz (13.31g), our fluted shroud is less than half the weight of the factory diecast shroud on the T3x, and significantly stronger and harder than other aftermarket shrouds made from 6061 grade alloy. We machine the internals to tight tolerances which is instantly apparent by the lack of slop when removing your plastic (T3) or diecast (T3x) factory shroud and replacing it with ours. This is not just a decorative part, the shroud is designed to protect the shooter’s face in the rare event of a cartridge rupture or failure, where hot gas and powder debris can travel back through the bolt body via the firing pin hole. We manufacture these in significantly large enough volumes to keep the price as competitive as possible given the materials and tolerances involved.
- All shrouds come with a small coil spring which is optional to install and is identical to the coil spring Tikka supplies as standard (ours is stainless steel). This spring takes up the slack of a necessary tolerance designed into the shroud to ensure proper function of your firing pin assembly across any Tikka T3 / T3x bolt assembly. Installing the spring will remedy any minor noise made by the shroud in this dimension when out hunting.
- Our shrouds are CNC machined to a tolerance within +/- 0.05mm (approx +/- 2 thou) in the critical dimension that locks into the firing pin assembly. This dimension has been cut slightly deeper than required to account for variations discovered between different rifles tested. In an early production run we didn’t account for a tolerance here which resulted in this batch not fitting some of the rifles where assembly was attempted!
- CNC machined from high grade 7075-T76 aerospace aluminum alloy
- 9 x ballnose flutes milled into the tapered body
- Silver color shroud supplied as-machined, suitable for cerakote by your gunsmith or otherwise fitment to stainless rifles
- Black color shroud is hard coat anodized, suitable for fitment to blued rifles (satin finish)
- Coil spring is identical to the Tikka original spring, ours is made from stainless steel