Whiskey 3 Chsassis (W3C) GENERATION 6
New Generation 6 Version – The major change is a new length-of-pull locking mechanism that is a bit more streamlined than the gen 5.
Changes for Gen 5:
- Forend changed to polymer, weight reduced and magazine well stop incorporated, additional mounting points added
- Triggerguard changed to polymer on Remington versions
- Mag release button changed to Polymer to reduce inertia
- Aluminum backbone lightened
- Additional fore/aft mounting points added to cheekpiece
- Cheekpiece thumbscrew now captured and molded polymer
- Tool-less adjustment for buttpad height and cant added
- Reduced weight over 1/2 pound
The Whiskey-3 Chassis (W3C) (Generation IV Chassis) is a highly functional, feature laden stock for the Tikka T3, Remington 700, and other rifles. The W3C combines precise aluminum “V” bedding with tool-less adjustments, (length-of-pull and cheek piece height), durability and excellent ergonomics. Right out of the box it allows the use of AICS style magazines in your rifle without any special bottom metal. Numerous types of accessories can be added to the many attachment points, including handstops, sling mounts, rails, bipods, monopods, and more. Our modular grip panels allow the shooter to tailor the fit of the stock to his/her hand which, combined with the other adjustments, yield a stock set up exactly as it needs to be for that particular shooter.
The Whiskey-3 Chassis (W3C) (Generation IV Chassis) Forend:
- Aluminum, designed for ergonomic feel.
- Threaded mounting holes at various positions, total of 15-18.
- Access hole for action mounting screw, so you can remove the action without removing forend.
- Side mounting options for rail, flush mount QD sling plate, external QD cup, or NV mount on both sides of forend.
- V-bedding system which is CNC’d into aluminum for consistent contact between action and chassis.
- Hardened stainless steel recoil lug instead of aluminum ones found on stock T3’s.
- Rem 700 version can accommodate some large aftermarket recoil lugs like the Badger Ordnance lug without any or with only slight modification.
- Designed for 5 or 10 round AICS magazines (with or without front spacer plate in T3, with spacer plate only in Rem 700 unless you have a modified action; Sako M995 version uses AICS CIP length or regular length magnum magazines; Badger M2008 version uses AI AW 10round double stack magazines ).
- Will accept any barrel contour up to 1.25” straight cylinder.
Trigger Guard/Mag catch:
- Similar in shape to TRG trigger guard but made of aluminum instead of Delrin.
- Will accept Barnard trigger for T3 as well as factory trigger.
- Rem 700 version will accept the new x-mark triggers and some aftermarket triggers but some aftermarket triggers may require modifications to the trigger or chassis.
- Mag catch is our popular Catch Extender which improves ergonomics and control.
- Infinitely adjustable within range (1” travel).
- Cheekpiece can be quickly removed and re-installed, uses a clamp and thumbscrew design.
- Includes a simple feature to make the cheekpiece return to the exact height you set it.
- Cheekpiece can be moved forward and backward with several mounting positions.
- Cheekpiece made of polymer to not transmit heat to or away from your face.
Length of Pull:
- Adjustable in ¼” increments with nearly 2” of adjustment range.
- LOP adjustment range varies slightly between versions but is roughly 12.8” to 15.4”.
- Uses two cam locks to ensure a solid fit.
- CNC milled from billet aluminum.
- Entire buttstock assembly can be used on a TRG if you should desire.
- Moves vertically to any desired position within range.
- Locks in with set screw.
- Buttpad is Remington 700 pattern so user can install aftermarket pre-fit pads.
- Buttpad can tilt 15 degrees to each side (as if looking directly from the rear down the bore).
- Mounting features for slings, monopods, etc:
- Buttstock has one built in ambidextrous QD sling mount point, and provisions for other mounting options.
- Buttstock includes bag rider/butthook which can be replaced with optional picatinny rail.
- Harris bipod stud included on forend.
- QD cups can be mounted on any number of positions on sides or bottom of forend.
- Front 6 o’clock picatinny rail (Magpul MOE L2 rail)- to mount accessories like rail mounted bipods.
- Rear 6 o’clock picatinny rail (Magpul MOE L3 rail)- to mount accessories like a monopod.
- QD sling cup- mount at various positions for use with slings with QD mounts.
- Barrier Stop/Hand Stop- mount on forend to use during positional shooting.
- ALL STOCKS COMES WITH ONE EACH MOE L2 and L3 RAIL.
- All aluminum parts are hard anodized (Type III).
- All fasteners are stainless steel with black oxide coating.
- Steel parts are salt bath nitrided or hardened stainless steel.
- Grip panels are injection molded reinforced polymer.
- Fixed version is about 4lbs 10oz w/o magazine.
- Folding version is about 5lbs 0oz w/o magazine.
- Sako Green